Friday, April 2, 2021

From my heart to yours

Nothing can give comfort while you in grief. But this indeed moved me. A letter to me from my friend 

*From my heart to yours*

I know you find yourself in a deep dark cave that has no way out. 

I know you are drowning in a pool of inexplicable sorrow and loss. 

I know how tired you are. And that you feel that the journey is just beginning.

I dont know how to heal your gaping wound. Nobody does. 

It is your loss to mourn. Your demons to fight. Your heart that is bleeding.

But I know that pain can be really lonely too. 

So when you feel like you want to pause and rest your aching heart for a tiny second in time, just know that I will be there to carry you across the roughest patch. 

I promise I will not judge you. I will not ask you to move on. I will not ask you to forget. 

I will tell you how much I love you. And how much I love little Kabir who I never got to hold and kiss.

I wanted to hear you complain about sleepless nights spent changing diapers. I wanted to give free advice and tease you for becoming an obsessed parent.

I wanted to see you being the greatest Dad in the world. 

Oh, how I wish I could make your world right again. 

I know your life will never be the same. That you will miss him till eternity and beyond. 

All I can do is to wish for you the strength to keep going and the will to keep living. 

They say there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe there is. 

Come, hold my hand, we will go looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment